The material once was the skirt of a mid-19th century-ish cotton print dress that I made more than ten years ago. When I realised that the fabric, as well as the construction, had some issues, I tore it to pieces, but kept the fabric, as that was too pretty to just toss away. It lay in my stash for years, waiting for the right project, and this was it. The construction is simple: raglan sleeves, the fullness taken up in pleats, and a self-fabric drawstring in the bound neckline.
The side seams are left open for a bit, and closes with two buttons each, scavenged from a worn out blouse.
It would have been better to have the nursing slits located a wee bit more to the front, but this was simpler, and works well. Also, they are nigh on invisible when closed.
I made the nightgown very full, so I can use it should I ever become pregnant again.
This is now my favourite night clothes. It’s comfortable, looks feminine, and is practical for nursing. And to keep things real; I do not usually wear a matching bow in my hair when I sleep, and I did tidy up before taking the pictures.