Sunday, 5 June 2011

A Pair of Hose, Revisited

A short post to say that I (re-)finished the foot parts of the hose yesterday, and am very much pleased with them. They look several times better than before. As I said before, I really can't make the ankles any tighter, as Tobias can just get his feet through them now.

I didn’t bother with using the same kind of seam as the first time round, I just wanted them finished and done with now. I used strong, waxed linen thread for attaching the sole, and then folded both seam allowances up (having trimmed the “inner” one down to half), and secured by hemming stitches in wool. The hose are now done.

The next projects I have planned will be an over kirtle for me, made from the fabric Tobias is standing on in the above picture, and a tunic for him.

3 comments:

  1. Ser bra ut, hosorna sitter bra samtidigt som de är lite lösa och säkert bekväma att röra sig i så de där kan han vara nöjd med!
    Men skräll att alla syr gröna hosor helt plötsligt när jag själv funderar på ett par sådana :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack :)

    Det går troll i allt.... :P Finns flera fina saker som jag avstår för att "alla andra" har det och det känns lite överrepresenterat (knappar fram och smockade förkläden till exempel). Man vill ju inte vara medskyldig till att skapa ett reenactormode om det går att undvika.

    Men gröna hosor var tydligen hyfsat vanliga under sent 1300-tal (läste Eva Andersson i förra veckan), så det är väl ok om fler har det kan man tycka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, du inspirerar som alltid! Inom kort är jag klar med ett par nya fina krappröda hosor till mig som jag ska ha under slaget om Visby i sommar. Ditt blogginlägg gjorde att jag äntligen kom igång, härligt! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please comment!