I do however have wool scraps left from making my red kirtle, so I dug them out, and looked for pieces big enough for my hearts.
The hearts are hand stitched, wrong side out. They are then turned, lightly padded and trimmed with smaller hearts of scrap linen, attached with blanket stitch in green, to match the ribbon hanger. A brass button and some quilting in the same colour as the linen complete the look. I had eight buttons, so I made eight hearts. I would like to make more, decorated in a different way, but for now, I’m happy to have completed these. A completed project is not an every day occurrence for me, not even before having a baby. (Speaking of which; I did start and finish (!) a cushion cover today, also for Christmas. More are planned, so I’ll post about that later.)