Tuesday 30 March 2010

Almost a Sleeve

Last weekend I was at my own home, and it was wonderful. Not that I couldn’t have been luckier in my landladies family, but it’s not home. I had no idea how much I missed my own home till I came there on Friday evening. I would so much have wished to just stay at home and enjoy my solitude and familiar surroundings, but I was asked to work on both Friday and Saturday night. Sigh. Well, I needed the money, and it was nice to meet my colleagues again. I am grateful they still remember my existence.

My insane knitting project is progressing much faster than I’d have thought, the first sleeve is 38.5 cm (15 1/4“) long right now, well past my elbow. The picture was taken last Saturday, I’ve been doing some knitting since then. It’s still fun to do, luckily.

I made some stitch markers the other day to ease the work. I just need one when working on the sleeve, but for the back/front that will be knitted in the round, I’ll need six.



I only just discovered stitch markers the other week; I can’t believe I never thought of it myself! It’s such a simple way of marking where a row begins, or where the patterns on the front/back begins and ends. Without them I’m sure I’d mess up. I have done in former knitting projects, and have had to go back and re-do it.

I’ll be going home to my family in a couple of days for Easter, and I’d like to have my yellow kirtle finished by then (or at least be able to finish it while there), so I can ask one of my sisters to act as photographer. I’ll try to avoid the knitting tonight, and work on the eyelets on the kirtle instead.

2 comments:

I love to hear from you - please comment!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.