Saturday, 20 March 2010

Progress!

First, my blog posts have behaved fishy again this week, but I think I sorted that out, in case you want to go back and read them.

Second, I've made some progress on three of my projects this week: the Gryffindor scarf now has seven pairs of golden stripes. It has had to give way to my spedetröja quite a bit, though. The first sleeve on the spedetröja is now 19,5 cm (almost 7 3/4") long. It's knitted in the round and has a wrist opening.


And, finally, my 14th century kirtle that has been a bit neglected lately. I've made 25 eyelets this week, only 22 to go :) They're sewn with waxed linen thread, like the rest of the kirtle, and the lace is made of very light brown woolen yarn.


I won't have much time for anything but school next week; I have several assignments to hand in which I haven't started on yet - I feel just a little bit of panic...

5 comments:

  1. Oh...I never thought of making eyelets like that...great tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your new knitting project sounds and looks absolutely incredible. I would never have the patience to do something like that, but I am amazed at how much you have done on it already. I love the color. You do such nice knitting work.

    Your eyelets look very nice; that is quite a few of them to have to make! Good luck on your assignments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I've made so many eyelets and buttonholes that I don't find them difficult anymore - sometimes I even think they're fun to make.

    I didn't describe how I made them - I poke a hole with an awl (just pushing the threads of the fabric to the side, not braking them), and then sew - that way the eyelets become much stronger than if I'd punched a hole in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes of course...I wondered a bit about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made a pictorial on how to sew the eyelets now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please comment!