School is still crazy, though it’s been a lot less emotional stress over it this week. My kirtle is coming together nicely, though a bit slower than I’d like. I felled the last length-going seams the other day, and then tried it on, and it’ll fit very well indeed. I had forgotten to bring some linen to face the front so as to strengthen the eyelets and likewise the buttonholes on the sleeves with, but the mother in my “adopted” family gave me a piece of unbleached linen for it. She enjoys having another sewing woman in the house, so she does that kind of things sometimes. Today I finished the facing on the front opening. It looks good, so far, I just need to decide where I want the eyelets to go now and then sew them down the front opening. That should be fun… at least the first five.
I could have done more on the kirtle, but I got caught up in another project – the Medieval Gryffindor Embroidery. I decided I wanted a lion in there, so I started embroider one. It’s not finished yet, and it’ll have a red background, which I haven’t quite figured out how I want it to look yet…
The whole thing looks a bit strange at the moment, but that’s what happens when you decide to do something new close to the end of a project. I'm still not sure what I'm going to use it for - I think it'd look nice decorating a pillow, but it could also be a purse... non-period use, of course. Well, first I'll get it finished, then I'll decide.
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you - please comment!
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.