Tuesday 13 July 2010

Dealing with the Heat - Vintage Style

The weather is still horribly hot and suffocating. I truly wasn’t made for this kind of weather; it has me wilting like a thirsty flower. The only thing to be done to survive it without a fan is to dress in cool clothes, put your hair up, keep in the shade, and be as still as possible. Luckily, I’m not working today, so I’ll stay at home sewing all day.

To make dealing with the heat a little more bearable, I dug out my linen 40’s style dress from the back of the closet. Linen is the best material when it’s hot and humid. This dress is made from the same pattern as the polka dot one I’m working on now, though I’m making a few changes on that one.


I put my hair up in a matching hairstyle and tied a scarf round it. Much better.


Now I can even feel just a little bit stylish in my suffering. If the weather forecast is right (which I cross my fingers for), there will be rain and thunder later today – I hope it will cool and clear the air so I can breathe again.

5 comments:

  1. ååh! supersnyggt!-40talet hade verkligen klass och stil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, love the headscarf, Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! Love your blog. I've been researching dress patters for a WWII reenactment I'm attending in September, and I fell in love with your dress here! Do you remember what pattern you used? Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I drafted the pattern myself; I don't know if there is a similar pattern out there. It's pretty basic though, so I think there ought to be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I'll keep an eye open for similar patters. That's so awesome that you drafted it yourself! I'd love to figure out how to do that. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please comment!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.