Tuesday 26 January 2010

Settling Down

I'm slowly getting used to the new turn my life has taken. I believe things will work out nicely. My family will take care of my cat, so that's one burden of my shoulders. I love my Mum :) I just have to get him there somehow.... Until then, he's taken care of by a friend of mine.

And I like living in my friends' family; they're kind, accepting and I feel included. I've known them most of my life, so that helps.

Today, after a long day in school and spending most of the evening working on an assignment, I started a new project. Well, strictly speaking I started it last weekend, when I cut it out, but today I took out needle and unbleached linen thread. I'm making a late 14th century kirtle, front laced with buttoned sleeves. It will be in a sort of mustard yellow pure woolen twill, a colour that could easily and inexpensively have been got with onion peels or beach bark. I've had it for about three years, knowing all the while what I was going to use it for, but never got round to making it until now. I think I just like having my shelves full of untouched fabrics.... I started on the buttons tonight, but I'll finish them some other day. It's a bit late, and I'm tired.... They seem to be just the size I wanted them to be, though, so that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - please comment!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.