Thursday 20 December 2012

Joy To the World



It’s pretty well known that Jesus was most likely not born in the winter, but in the spring, yet I think it’s rather fitting that we celebrate the arrival and birth of the Light of the world at a time of year when the darkness will gradually start to fall back in favour of the returning light.

"Be it unto me" by the talented Liz Lemon Swindle,
who's painted a lot of scenes from the Savior's life
I have a print of this painting at home, and I love it. 

I rejoice in the music of the season, and so, here are a few links to some of my favourites.




And this one has a sweet little video of the Nativity:


Jesus is the Christ. He was born by Mary, and is the only Begotten of the Father. He is my Savior. He knows me; my strengths and weaknesses, my name, my fears and wishes. He loves me, and underwent pain beyond imagination and sacrificed His life for me, little though I may deserve it at times. He would love nothing better than for me (and all of us) to return to Him and the Father after living good lives.

May we all remember the reason we celebrate Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    I came across your blog this morning when I saw you following my blog, so I wanted to follow you aswell. And I just LOVE your style. It's like you took me to the past, and showed me the old beautiful dresses...I just love reading you! And also, even though I'm Muslim and you're Christian, we have something in common and that is we're passionate about our religion. and I love Jesus too :) Keep it up! I don't think I can stop reading you :)

    Xoxo, Loubna

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please comment!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.